Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 13
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I am about to return my HP Envy 13 as there has been a defect in it. In the guideline to return the product, HP requests that all software and hardware downloaded to be removed (basically clean the whole laptop) which I'm not sure of how to do. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated! 🙂 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@DanicaChloe
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

To return the computer to a factory state, system recovery to accomplish such things as:

• Reformat the system drive

• Reinstall the original operating system

• Reinstall original hardware drivers and software

To perform a recovery on your computer with Windows 10 using one of the following methods:

• Recovery when Windows opens correctly

• Recovery when Windows does not open correctly

• Recovery using recovery media, such as discs or a USB flash drive

Back up all personal files and read all caution statements before performing a system recovery.

1. Turn off the computer.

2. Disconnect all connected devices and cables such as Personal Media Drives, USB drives, printers, and faxes. Remove media from internal drives, and remove any recently added internal hardware.

Do not disconnect the monitor, keyboard, mouse, or power cord.

3. Turn on the computer.

4. From the Start screen, type recovery manager, and then select HP Recovery Manager from the search results.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide the confirmation. If a User Account Control window asks if you want to allow the program to make changes to the computer, click Yes.

5. Under Help, click the Windows Recovery Environment.

6. Click OK. The system reboots into the Windows Recovery Environment.

7. Click Troubleshoot.

8. Click the Recovery Manager.

9. Click Recover without backing up your files, and then click Next.

10. Read the System Recovery information. To proceed, click Next.

Recovery Manager is preparing the system for recovery.

11. The preparations are complete. Click Continue.

The computer restarts. Follow any on-screen instructions and do not interrupt it during the process. The computer might restart a number of times during the recovery process.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@DanicaChloe
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

To return the computer to a factory state, system recovery to accomplish such things as:

• Reformat the system drive

• Reinstall the original operating system

• Reinstall original hardware drivers and software

To perform a recovery on your computer with Windows 10 using one of the following methods:

• Recovery when Windows opens correctly

• Recovery when Windows does not open correctly

• Recovery using recovery media, such as discs or a USB flash drive

Back up all personal files and read all caution statements before performing a system recovery.

1. Turn off the computer.

2. Disconnect all connected devices and cables such as Personal Media Drives, USB drives, printers, and faxes. Remove media from internal drives, and remove any recently added internal hardware.

Do not disconnect the monitor, keyboard, mouse, or power cord.

3. Turn on the computer.

4. From the Start screen, type recovery manager, and then select HP Recovery Manager from the search results.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide the confirmation. If a User Account Control window asks if you want to allow the program to make changes to the computer, click Yes.

5. Under Help, click the Windows Recovery Environment.

6. Click OK. The system reboots into the Windows Recovery Environment.

7. Click Troubleshoot.

8. Click the Recovery Manager.

9. Click Recover without backing up your files, and then click Next.

10. Read the System Recovery information. To proceed, click Next.

Recovery Manager is preparing the system for recovery.

11. The preparations are complete. Click Continue.

The computer restarts. Follow any on-screen instructions and do not interrupt it during the process. The computer might restart a number of times during the recovery process.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.