Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
01-15-2020 03:13 PM
My laptop which is just over a year old performs very poorly. It takes all the time in world to just open a website . Also switching from one page to another and clicking on any event on a page is very time consuming. The performance of this laptop very slow. Could you please suggest how to resolve this.
01-16-2020 09:47 AM
Perform some basic hardware checks to rule out hardware problem
Here is more info >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JXUp43ahHA
Let me know the test results.
Back to Windows:
- de-fragment your Hard Disk Drive (if you have hard disk drive) > https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/8933-optimize-defrag-drives-windows-10-a.html
- run Disk Clean Up - cleanmgr.exe > https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3012-disk-cleanup-open-use-windows-10-a.html
2. Remove unneeded and temporary files. Download and run BleachBit . Here are instructions
>> Some BleachBit instructions if needed >> https://docs.bleachbit.org/
3. Scan your PC for threats, viruses, malware...
3.1.... Run the free ESET Online Scanner >> http://download.eset.com/special/eos/esetonlinescanner_enu.exe
Scan your PC for viruses, threats and unwanted/unsafe applications - remove if anything found.
3.2.... Run AdwCleaner >>https://www.malwarebytes.com/adwcleaner/
Let me know in details if they found something and what it was....
4. Uninstall any programs you definitely do not use but you think might be a bit high on resources. You can uninstall them from Control Panel > Programs and features
5. Extra reading - read the official HP article about such problems >> https://support.hp.com/us-en/topic/diagnostics?category=computing&issue=computer-slow
I am looking forward to your reply, results and details.
*** I work for HP *** I express personal opinion only *** HP Expert - Volunteer since 2013
01-16-2020 09:56 AM
Is it JUST opening websites, or does it affect other stuff, as well?
How about launching an application, does that take a long time?
How about creating a file and entering text -- does that take a long time?
***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
01-21-2020 09:54 PM
Thanks for your reply on my issue.
The laptop is overall slow. Each and every activity takes indefinite time to complete whether it is launching any application, opening any website or creating any file or typing/editing content in it. Moreover, I didn’t find any solution in your response. Could you please explain once again your solution. Thanks in advance.