01-15-2020 03:13 PM
My laptop which is just over a year old performs very poorly. It takes all the time in world to just open a website . Also switching from one page to another and clicking on any event on a page is very time consuming. The performance of this laptop very slow. Could you please suggest how to resolve this.
01-16-2020 09:47 AM
Perform some basic hardware checks to rule out hardware problem
Here is more info >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JXUp43ahHA
Let me know the test results.
Back to Windows:
- de-fragment your Hard Disk Drive (if you have hard disk drive) > https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/8933-optimize-defrag-drives-windows-10-a.html
- run Disk Clean Up - cleanmgr.exe > https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3012-disk-cleanup-open-use-windows-10-a.html
2. Remove unneeded and temporary files. Download and run BleachBit . Here are instructions
>> Some BleachBit instructions if needed >> https://docs.bleachbit.org/
3. Scan your PC for threats, viruses, malware...
3.1.... Run the free ESET Online Scanner >> http://download.eset.com/special/eos/esetonlinescanner_enu.exe
Scan your PC for viruses, threats and unwanted/unsafe applications - remove if anything found.
3.2.... Run AdwCleaner >>https://www.malwarebytes.com/adwcleaner/
Let me know in details if they found something and what it was....
4. Uninstall any programs you definitely do not use but you think might be a bit high on resources. You can uninstall them from Control Panel > Programs and features
5. Extra reading - read the official HP article about such problems >> https://support.hp.com/us-en/topic/diagnostics?category=computing&issue=computer-slow
I am looking forward to your reply, results and details.
*** Click on the button below to accept this advice as a solution if it helped you
*** Don't hesitate to hit the THUMB-UP+ button below to say thanks or give like
HP Expert - volunteer - not employed by HP Inc. *** I express personal opinion only. *** IT Commodity and Cyber Security professional *** Location/timezone: Europe
01-16-2020 09:56 AM
Is it JUST opening websites, or does it affect other stuff, as well?
How about launching an application, does that take a long time?
How about creating a file and entering text -- does that take a long time?
***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP