AyushIND
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Laptop not starting

HP Pavilion dv4
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

My pavilion does not start after plugging in. The LED beside charging port does not glow but LED on the front blinks. Hard reset doesn't work. Laptop was discharged because the charging pin was damaged. The support workshop cut and changed the pin. From then it isn't starting. E-mail me on [edit] or answer here. 

PLEASE!!

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,068 21,032 1,384 2,219
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Laptop not starting

@AyushIND,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

This looks like a possible hardware failure. However, I would suggest you follow the steps suggested in this support document for - No Power or no Boot

You may alternatively, follow the steps suggested in this support document for - HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 😎 

If you have followed the steps suggested and still having the issue. I would personally suggest this could be a hardware failure.

HP support can be reached on this link

I'm sure they should be able to go ahead and address your issue. Let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help you.

That said, If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation