Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360
Windows 8.1

My brand new HP Pavilion x360 will only charge when the lid is closed or the computer is in sleep mode. I have tried changing any relevant power settings and have already consulted multiple friends. I'm wondering if there's a hidden setting I have yet to discover or if my battery is busted. The computer is under warantee so if I have to I can take it back to bestbuy and have it replaced, but if there's a dyi method that I've yet to try I would like to get all those out of the way as best buy is rather far away from my house.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Is your charger a genuine HP charger? Some non-hp chargers are not supported by hp laptops. I have a non-hp charger for my x360 13t-w000 and it will charge but periodically pops up a message saying I should use HP chargers. There was an article a few months ago and a major PC magazine could not get non HP USB-C chargers to work on some HP laptops.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.