05-27-2017 12:18 PM
I can charge my laptop when it is completely powered off, but as soon as I turn the laptop on, it stops charging and starts running out of battery even though it is still plugged in and the white light comes on to show that it is plugged in.
05-28-2017 12:46 PM
Welcome to HP Forums,
This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂
As I understand the laptop won't charge when the device is turned on,
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
Did you try reinstalling the battery drivers?
Have you updated the BIOS? Please do if you haven't, already: Click here to find it.
Meanwhile, try the below steps to reinstall the battery drivers:
- Unplug the charge and use the laptop until the battery drains to 15%.
- Turn off the laptop and turn it back on after 30mins.
- Reinstalled Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery under device manager,
- Restart the computer and the issue should be fixed.
Let me know how that works out, keep me in the loop and Good luck! 😉
I am an HP Employee
07-13-2018 08:08 PM
I have a 20 moth old HP envy laptop M1W004A. It will not charge when turned on. I've repalced the power cord and battery. I've also done a power reset and removed both the battery and power adaptopr drivers. Still dosn't work. charging light is white when laptop is turned on. Orange when turned off.
11-30-2018 06:04 PM
Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately, based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. I recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/forums/postpage
To be more helpful with your post, you may add key information if you wish:
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message.