Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

my keyboard is locked on my HP pavillion windows 10. The cat touched something and locked it for me. The mouse works, but not the keyboard. Restarting has not helped. Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Ckelley1986

Greetings!

Welcome to the HP Community. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries. I have reviewed your post and I understand, there's an issue with the keyboard.

Don't worry, I'm here to help! To better assist you - May I have the exact model name of the computer? Refer to this link for steps to find the product details.

Let me know. 

Eager to help!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

You have to do some steps to make the locked keyboard unlock. First, you have to press the alt+ctrl+del and then go to the auto lock via the screen. Go to the PC settings and then go to the ease of access and from there go to the keyboard option. There click on the screen lock option and turned it on.

plugins uae

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.