Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavillion x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I might have lost my bill or invoice of my laptop. Any way I can regain it? 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Afoten 

If you purchased the device from the HP Store, at least in the region where I am located, HP always sends a confirmation email of the receipt of the order.  There is usually a followup email for the product having shipped - one or both of these is your receipt document. 

My experience:  The order number, date, and usually the contents of the order is included in at least one of the email messages you would have received.

If you have lost the email, ask your email provider for help.  Any and all email providers I've ever used keep massive backups of every piece of email ever sent or received by every single account.   Getting the provider to dig up and provide the email might take some doing (work) - whether you can get the data and how much work is involved depends on your provider.  You will likely need to provide proof of email account ownership and the details necessary to narrow the search - for example, the order number, the date, the item (device / content might not be enough - it depends on the search algorithm.)

I'm not sure at all that HP will provide a replacement receipt - there is every chance the information is not available for public retrieval.  I realize you are not the "public" but the idea of pulling that kind of private data for anyone might fall under protected information rights - either yours or that of HP.  ??

Finally,

If you still have the box in which the item was shipped, look for the shipping information tag on the side of the box.  This can be used to help prove ownership - the information on the shipping label might vary by region, of course.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

I did give them email but the only thing they did with it was that make a purchase of microsoft 360 which came in with the laptop and I did not receive any other email to the best of my knowledge but I do have the box and there is a tag of the shipping company.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.