Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
x360 envy 13 ag0006nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, my x360 envy 13 (ag0006nl) was working perfectly, a few weeks ago it started lagging when using any browser or playing games, but only when it´s plugged in. I noticed in resource monitor that when it´s unplugged, the CPU max frequency is at 80%-120%, but when i plug it in it goes to around 20%. Temps are at about 45C when charging. Everything is at max performance, and max processor state in advanced power settings is at 100% both when plugged and unplugged. Any idea what might fix it? Thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@NicoGutierrez

Welcome to HP support community.

It could be an admin rights problem. 

Navigate to this folder: 

C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static 

Find CCC.exe, right click>properties>compatibility tab 

Tick the 'run this program as an administrator' option and hit ok. 

Do the same thing for MOM.exe 

You may have to restart the PC for the changes to take effect, then try disabling overdrive, restart the game to see if it fixes it. 

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.