7 3 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

M.2 upgrade migration

HP Recommended
HP Omen 17-w005na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have recently upgraded my HP Omen 17-w005na laptop m.2 128gb drive with a Samsung 970EVO NVMe M.2 and have the following query:

1. The cloning from old m.2 128gb drive to new 1tb Samsung 970EVO NVMe M.2 was fine, other than the harddrive properties for the new 1tb drive only shows the capacity of the old 128gb drive. Disk management shows the clone partitions and the rest of the 1 tb capacity is identified as unallocated space. How do i recover the hidden capacity?

Thanks in advance for any replies

Shaun

1 REPLY 1
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
135,093 124,449 20,715 31,804
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, Shaun:

If the unallocated space is adjacent to the C:\ partition use the disk management tool to extend the C:\ partition into the unallocated space.

There are videos you can watch which will help you do that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X2xQncgw-Q&feature=emb_logo

Windows 10 includes the Computer Management Console where you can create, extend, shrink, manage, format, and even delete partitions and volumes.
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation