Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 15 da-1041tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I did a fresh install of windows 10 on my new M.2 Nvme SSD. Everything in my computer got activated except the Office Home and Student 2019 that comes pre-installed with my laptop and it also belongs to my Microsoft account.

I did the installation of Office and getting this message (Pictures down below)

I am on a free trial why?I am on a free trial why?Didn't ActivatedDidn't Activated

I tried to re-installing Microsoft office too but didn't worked. Also tried the telephone method didn't worked too.

I have Microsoft Office sticker on my laptop HP 15-da1041tu too.

Please Help in activation of my Office.

PS My Windows is activated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@akgupta0777 

There are two different issues here -- license and software.  The license is permanent, that is correct.  But the software came preloaded on the PC, like the OEM version of windows.  If you remove that, it may not be possible to get it back.

What you heard about cloning and the SSD is incorrect -- had you come here and asked PRIOR to do this, we would have told you that.  I have cloned HDD PCs to SSDs many times and not run into any problems as a result.

We have no access to the MS Office product information, so you have to contact HP Support to see if they can help you.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@akgupta0777 

There may be no way to get this back, now -- as you should NOT have done a clean install of Windows 10.

The HP Recovery Media, which is the better choice to use does not come with add-ons like MS Office, so even it would not have kept the Office installation.

If you had come here BEFORE doing this, we could have provided you instructions for CLONING your old setup to your new SSD and that would have retained MS Office.

You will have to contact HP Customer Support to see if they can do anything for you now:

HP contact info: https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true

HP Recommended

@WAWood  

The MS Office subscription is for lifetime and also showing in my Microsoft Account. In once in a lifetime almost everyone do a clean install of windows so does that means it is not a lifetime validity of subscription.

I have heard that by cloning the HDD you can't take full benefits of the SSD. That's why I did a fresh clean install.

This is unfair basically. I will contact HP Support so to resolve the issue.

HP Recommended

@akgupta0777 

There are two different issues here -- license and software.  The license is permanent, that is correct.  But the software came preloaded on the PC, like the OEM version of windows.  If you remove that, it may not be possible to get it back.

What you heard about cloning and the SSD is incorrect -- had you come here and asked PRIOR to do this, we would have told you that.  I have cloned HDD PCs to SSDs many times and not run into any problems as a result.

We have no access to the MS Office product information, so you have to contact HP Support to see if they can help you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.