Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360Convertible14-ba075TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have formatted my laptop and now am unable to install and activate Office 2016 Home and Student Edition which was included with my PC at the time of purchase.

How can I get the product key for my office 2016 now

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@AshAgni 

We can help to the extent of providing basic information.

Where is the key?

If the software was ever more than "Trial Software", the key was likely included somewhere in the confirmation email or order information you received when you purchased the computer from HP.  That long ago, it is perhaps possible that the Office software might have come on a CD, in which case the key is on the CD cover, either pasted on the outside on the seal area, or located on a paper inside the case.

What about retrieving key from HP?

My opinion (not fact, simply based on experience)

For a product this old, really - any product of this type, finding the key at HP 'after the fact" can be a difficult process.  The information may - or may not - have been saved by HP and finding it might prove nearly impossible.

What else?

The following Microsoft document does not differentiate between "regular" Office 2016 and the "student" flavor.

The document does include the various ways to reload and activate the software, including the "last" option to activate online or by telephone.  Years ago, I've done both.  Neither option is fun - at the time, they both worked.

Microsoft

Download and install or reinstall Office 2016 or Office 2013 

Note that if all else fails, Microsoft provides a Contact Us link at the bottom of the web page.

What else?

This is old Office software.  In the USA, you can purchase this version for anywhere from $25 to about $35.  Is it worth it?  Maybe.  I'd personally not bother with old Office - that said, the old stuff is less expensive than the newer versions.

"What if" Information

Life is possible without Office

5 free open source alternatives to Microsoft Office

Yeah, but - My situation is different, special, not covered, impossible

Please contact HP Support

Why?

Our Community simply cannot address Microsoft Office license issues - we are not HP Support.

References / Resources

Installation and License Key Options

With Key - Install Office on your PC or Mac

Calls / links to:

Where to enter your Office product key

Where to enter your Office product key

To see help options:  Scroll down to the middle of the page and select product

Need more help?  Scroll down to find out how to contact Microsoft.

Purchase Options

Microsoft Office Products - Choose your Office

Things that are Office Software Repair

Office Products Troubleshooting

Open the Website > Select categories on the left to narrow the focus

Includes instructions to “completely remove office” from the computer

Microsoft - Uninstall Office from a PC

=======================================================

14-ba075tx Product Specifications

Software

Operating system
Windows 10 Home Single Language 64
HP apps
HP 3D DriveGuard; HP ePrint; HP Recovery Manager; HP Support Assistant; HP Audio Switch; HP Sure Connect; HP JumpStart; HP Orbit
Software included
McAfee LiveSafe™
Pre-installed software
User Guide documentation; Dropbox
Software - Productivity & finance
Microsoft Office Home & Student 2016

Device Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Device - Solve Problems

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP Pavilion x360 - 14-ba075tx 

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a volunteer community workforce dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You for the help.

If the answer helped resolve your issue, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.