Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
15s-eq0024au

My new laptop came pre installed with office 2019 home & student. I did not finish the activation process for the office software. I was going through Apps and Features and I spotted office 365 which i uninstalled. Turns out it was the home & student version. I need the office software. How do I recover it?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Amar14

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, 

Office comes preinstalled on many HP computers with Windows 10. After you purchase an HP computer with Windows 10, you can:

• Activate an Office 365 subscription or free trial.

• Activate Office 2019 or 2013.

• Install an older version of Office.

• Buy Office from the Microsoft Store.

Office 365 and Office 2019 might activate automatically. Open the Office installer or application (Word, Excel), and then follow the on-screen prompts to activate Office.

note:If you have any issues activating Office, download and install Reset MS Office AFO and AFOLB Settings – CPS (sp78285.exe), and then open any Office application to restart the activation process.

For more information about activating Office, see the Microsoft document Activate Office 365, Office 2016, or Office 2013 (in English).

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.