Did you mean: 
Julia2014
2 1 0 2
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

McAfee OV SSL CA2 certificate error

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a brand new HP Pavilion.  It came pre-loaded with McAfee (I don't know why), but I cannot access some websites due to an SLL Certificate error.  As far as I can tell, the SSL certificate that is being used/authenticated is McAfee OV SSL CA2.  I tried un-installing McAfee from the Control Panel, I tried re-generating a new SSL certificate from McAfee, I've tried flushing my DNS.  Nothing works!  The one site I desperately need to visit is docs.google.com.  I am a college student about the begin my freshman fall semester and I cannot access my Google Docs page!  Please, someone, help me resolve this issue!  Thank you!  Julia Wisniewski | Philadelphia PA

3 REPLIES 3
IT_WinSec
Level 15
Level 15
10,066 9,963 809 3,921
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @Julia2014 

Welcome!

You may uninstall McAfee from your computer. You should first attempt to do it from Control Panel -> Programs and features

but if this does not help, use their dedicated utility called MCPR

Here are details:

>> https://service.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/oracle/webcenter/page/scopedMD/s55728c97_466d_4ddb_952d_...

MCPR tool >> http://us.mcafee.com/apps/supporttools/mcpr/mcpr.asp

Make sure you restart your computer at the end.

After you complete this, test again. Let me know how it goes.

>> Your FEEDBACK is important. Click below on Accept As Solution or ThumbUp+ buttons if my comments helped or to say thanks <<
*** I work for HP *** I express personal opinion only *** HP Expert - Volunteer since 2013
0 Kudos
Julia2014
Author
2 1 0 2
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you, but I already tried uninstalling McAfee.  It did not work.  Uninstalling though the control panel caused the removal process to hang.  I then used the removal tool twice but still have the problem.  

IT_WinSec
Level 15
Level 15
10,066 9,963 809 3,921
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @Julia2014 

Apologies for the delay in reply.

Since this is a new computer and you have probably not used it long enough, I would recommend you give it a fresh clean installation of Windows 10. This will ensure your machine has absolutely no McAfee leftovers and also will give you the latest Windows 10 2004 build/updates.

• Please, check the .PDF file below and follow the steps to download/create installation media and how to proceed.

Let me know if you face difficulties.

>> Your FEEDBACK is important. Click below on Accept As Solution or ThumbUp+ buttons if my comments helped or to say thanks <<
*** I work for HP *** I express personal opinion only *** HP Expert - Volunteer since 2013
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation