12-12-2019 10:08 PM
Hey everyone...so I really need some help here. Apparently my warranty is expired and on my touchscreen chrome book the mouse pad has stopped working...I have factory reset....hit escape and drumrolled on the mouse pad.....if anyone can help me I would appreciate it.
12-15-2019 01:24 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community.
Let's try these steps -
1) Make sure there is no dust or dirt on the touchpad.
2) Press the Esc key several times.
3) Drumroll your fingers on the touchpad for ten seconds.
4) Turn your Chromebook off, then back on again.
5) Perform a hard reset.
6) If you have more than one account on your Chromebook, delete the account that has problems with the touchpad, then re-add the account.
If the issue still persists, I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your Chromebook.
If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.
Have a great day!
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee