Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Below are screenshots of my system information and the SpeedFan program which I always have running now. It pretty much always says Temp1 and Core1, 2, 3, and 4 are overheating. The only programs I was running when I took the screenshot were chrome and word. It's always like this and it never used to be. I feel like my laptop should be more than capable of running at least these things without overheating constantly. 

The thing is it always functions perfectly. Everything runs fast and smoothly and programs barely ever crash. This is even when I run Photoshop and Indesign at the same time. The fan is the only issue.

I had the fan cleaned not too long ago. Didn't change anything.

I've noticed from SpeedFan that Fan1 is always running considerably higher RPM than Fan2. Is this normal or could Fan2 be broken? 

What can I do please help...

System InformationSystem InformationSpeedFanSpeedFan

Screenshot 2021-12-17 103943.png

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Those temps are about right for a laptop. The  TJunction Temperature is 100C (the maximum temperature allowed at the processor die.)

The second fan is for your graphics card. It will speed up if you do a lot of graphics processing.

Here's mine-

HWMon.PNG

Volunteering here is my therapy
17-cp0097er
HP Envy 27-b014
HP Recommended

Thanks.

So yours has similar temps but does it sound like a helicopter all the time? Is there nothing I can do to quieten the fan? Would more RAM make a difference or anything like that? Upgrade my fan - is that something you can do? Would manually lowering it on SpeedFan be a dangerous game in terms of causing it to overheat do you think?

To give you an idea of how loud it is I can't even sit in cafes, let alone libraries, because it disturbs everyone so much. I've never ever heard another laptop running so frickin loud.

HP Recommended

I've now noticed that the fan quietens considerably when I unplug the charger and have it on low-performance mode (I always usually have it plugged in when using it). But even when it's plugged in on low-performance the fan goes crazy again.  

HP Recommended

Please post your model number or product ID so we can see if there's a bios update that may help. Did the speed increase start after a bios update?

A noisy fan to me I first think of it needs to be cleaned out thoroughly. If there's any whine it's probably time for a new fan. Looks like your model is about 5 years old without hearing it I'd bet it's due.

Volunteering here is my therapy
17-cp0097er
HP Envy 27-b014
HP Recommended

Product Name: HP Pavilion Notebook (I think 17-ab250sa or 17-ab051sa but don't know which)

Serial Number: [Personal Information Removed]

Product Number: Z9D65EA#ABU

I can't remember there being a sudden increase of fan noise.

Yes it's about 5 or 6 years old now.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.