Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-ec0074ax
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Very recently i have been having troubles with microsoft store i try to download something and it errors straight away i tried to do countless fixes and nothing has worked could i have some help.

Error Code: 0x80070006

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@HowCanIuse320 

Welcome to the HP Community.

This is Microsoft Windows Operating System tangling with Microsoft Store application / software.

Honestly, you might have better luck asking Microsoft for help.

OK..

I would guess there is a problem with the Store version - yes, even the Store updates the Store on occasion.

OR

The Microsoft Store application is corrupted / missing an instruction.

You MIGHT be able to fix the Store using the inbuilt Store Reset option.

Settings > Apps > Apps and Features

Find and Left-Click on the Microsoft Store application

Advanced > Reset

What else?

The original question in the following example is in regards to the HP Smart application.

The answer provided by the Microsoft Community :  Re-Register the Microsoft Store

“HP Smart will not install – Windows 10”

Solution from Microsoft Community = Re-register the Microsoft Store

HP Smart App won't install on windows 10 laptop

Also from Microsoft:

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.