cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Need driver for 3D Video ControlleR MISSING

HP Recommended
HP ENVY M7 I7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Model
HP ENVY m7 Notebook
System ID
81D4
Product ID
W2K88UA#ABA
Memory Size
16384 MB RAM
BIOS Date
12/09/2016
BIOS Revision
F.30
Serial Number
[Personal Information Removed]
Keyboard Controller Revision
KBC Version 87.21
Operating System Image
16WW3RCT602#SABA#DABA
Installed OS version
1909 (10.0.18363).

I have had issue with running any software requiring graphics use like Autocad and the likes, any time i open such software, I get a BSOD of either video scheduler, TDR, and others, I have updated all drivers and also tried all solutions online. I finally uninstalled the NVIDIA and all was Ok, all software works fine no hangs, however the 2Gig dedicated is almost useless because of this issue. I need the graphics card utilised to be able to run other tools. I need to get Nvidia back without any issues.
Please kindly help. I would also need assistance with the 3D VIDEO CONTROLLER DRIVER for my spec shown above.

Regards
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
123,202 113,383 18,260 27,876
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer would be to install the latest Nvidia graphics driver from your notebook's support page.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp82501-83000/sp82808.exe

If you continue to have issues like you described, most likely the nVidia GPU has overheated over the course of time and has become damaged.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation