Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 15 Notebook PC J2U32EA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Where can I get the respective software to re-install 3D drive guard?

BIOS:F.34-12/19/2014

Processor name:Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4510U CPU @ 2.00GHz

Product name:HP ENVY 15 Notebook PC
Product number:J2U32EA#UUZ

any help most welcome

Viktor

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very Welcome !! @ViktorS

If you are happy with the help you received share the good news! Let others know this reply was helpful by accepting this solution

You can also show your appreciation by giving kudos.

We appreciate your feedback. It's what keeps our community such a helpful, vibrant place for our members.

All the Best !!   Thanks for being a member! :generic:

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hello @ViktorS,

Welcome to FORUM !!!!

Please try this : 

Open the Windows Control Panel, select Programs and Features, right click the entry for the HP 3D DriveGuard, and select Uninstall.

When this has completed, restart the notebook.

When you are at the Windows desktop, download and install this version of HP 3D DriveGuard at the link below, and restart the PC.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp78001-78500/sp78033.exe

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again !!

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Hi GBL84

I am impressed of how fast I got your answer - error is gone and all seems OK.

Hope it also does work properly  🙂

How did you find the respective file so fast?

Thank you vey much abd kind regards

Viktor

retired HP

HP Recommended

You're very Welcome !! @ViktorS

If you are happy with the help you received share the good news! Let others know this reply was helpful by accepting this solution

You can also show your appreciation by giving kudos.

We appreciate your feedback. It's what keeps our community such a helpful, vibrant place for our members.

All the Best !!   Thanks for being a member! :generic:

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Wat to go! I was worried there for a while!

harmie1

Lisa/Harmie Johnson
HP Recommended

Would this also be the link for the HP Pavilion 14 Notebook PC with Windows 10 64 bit, or is it a different link? Windows Update killed my HP 3D Drive Guard. Thanks.

HP Recommended

For the last 3 days I have tried these 6 versions (sp67280.exe, sp75979.exe, sp77869.exe, sp78033.exe, sp81142.exe, sp82228.exe) but do not do one. I just ignore the message and the PC looks normal.

HP Recommended

Post W10 1709 upgrade.  OS Build 16299.64 the accelerometer no longer works nor does HPDriveGuad.  I've tried sp75979

any other ideas?

HP Recommended
I am not able to download the fix file, because I cannot log into the internet, which is the original problem. I tried to load the HP 3D DriveGuard file from a flashdrive, but the area it resides (programs and features) doesn't allow pasting. Can you help?
HP Recommended

Hi, I did re-installed the HP 3D Driveguard on my HP OMEN and everything seem fine ultil I start playing Overwatch game and FPS seem locked at 60 fps. Once I uninstall the HP 3D Driveguard again the fps go back to 100+ 

my question is can I use my laptop without having HP 3D Driveguard ? or any other suggestion? Thank you in advance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.