Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I keep getting an annoying notification of an update to Radeon software every 10 seconds! However, it doesn't give any hint how to resolve it. It seems to be a common issue with HP Envy laptops. How do I resolve it.  Why do software manufacturers do that??

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@PEAC,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need the product number and the exact model for your computer.

Follow the steps in the below article to find the product details.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

Look forward to hearing from you and you have a great day!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the response - sorry, I have been a bit sick lately. I have an HP Envy x360 Convertible 13-ar0xxx.

Product number 6YD59PA#ABG, serial number [Private information removed]

Hope that helps!

HP Recommended

Thanks for replying @PEAC

Please try these steps -

Step 1 Windows Updates -

1) In the search box, type and open Windows Updates.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

Step 2 HP Support Assistant Updates -

1) In the search box, type and open HP Support Assistant.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

Also, try updating the BIOS. Refer to this document for steps - HP Consumer Notebook PCs - Updating the BIOS (Basic Input Output System) 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for getting back to me. I updated all the software updates I could find and some were for Radeon software, and I even updated the BIOS. I thought I had fixed the problem, but a few minutes later, the same notification keeps coming up! I just can't get rid of it. I can block that notification, but presumably the problem remains. I'll be making sure I don't buy another computer using Radeon software, and wondering whether I should avoid HP devices. Why should this be so difficult? It should just be able to update automatically. 

HP Recommended

Appreciate you trying the steps @PEAC

I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding this.

Thanks! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.