Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13-ae0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have a HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13-ae0xx and downloaded windows precision driver for it a year ago.

Everything was working fine until the latest windows 10 update. At first, it made my trackpad completely useless, so then I went and uninstalled something or updated something ( don't quite remember), and the trackpad is usable now, but some of it's functions are gone. I cannot scroll on anything anymore, right click is no longer a two finger tap on the right side of the track pad (I have to hard click at the bottom right hand corner of the trackpad for it to work), and the same applies for clicking anything -- I have to hard click on the bottom left corner of my trackpad to click anything. Can someone help me with this? Before this windows precision drivers worked fine with all of the gestures. When I go into the driver settings, I don't see the original synaptics drivers the laptop shipped in anymore, so I'm not even entirely sure which drivers are installed. I think it's windows, but the settings are all gone now with the update. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Physics_student Welcome to HP Community!

If your touchpad isn’t working, it may be a result of a missing or out-of-date driver.

• On Start , search for Device Manager, and select it from the list of results. Under Mice and other pointing devices, select your touchpad, open it, select the Driver tab, and select Update Driver. If Windows doesn't find a new driver, look for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

• If those steps didn't work, try uninstalling your touchpad driver: open Device Manager, right-click (or press and hold) the touchpad driver, and select Uninstall. Restart your device and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

• If that didn't work, try using the generic driver that comes with Windows. Here's how: in Device Manager, right-click (or press and hold) your touchpad driver > Update driver software... Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer, select HID compliant mouse, select Next, and follow the instructions to install it.

If the issue persists, restart the device and then, install the same from the HP website: click here to access it.

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.