cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

No Insert Key or Function

HP Recommended
Envy 15t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I got a new laptop. It has no insert key. It’s not a shared key with something else via fn. I also have no numeric keypad. 

Next to F12 is a webcam toggle button. Next to that is the power button. Next to that is delete. 

fn+ e does not work. Fn + prtscrn does not work, as prtscrn is already fn of shift. 

The only way I can do it is to use the on-screen touch keyboard. There has to be a better way.

edit: After more research I found this question has come up several times before, apparently without resolution. I looked into alternative methods and found a key managing program that allows me to assign key combinations to other functions, even if my keyboard does not have that button. So I assigned ctrl+delete to insert. And while I was at it, I reassigned right alt to right ctrl, since this laptop does not have right ctrl either.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation