Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 14-dq1039wm
Microsoft Windows 11

I have a laptop which I keep on all the time which randomly goes to no boot device found. I believe windows goes to a blue screen then reboots when this happens. I have checked all my drivers etc and they are the latest. I leave it powered off for about an hour then power it back on it goes back into Windows like normal. This laptop is under warrantee still but I can't figure it out. Any one got any ideas? Support doesn't know what to do either. I don't believe its a Windows 11 problem since this happened under Windows 10 also. 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @Rob_D_TX 

(1) Install/Update 

HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI

8.2.0.0 Rev.A56.1 MBJun 30, 2021Download

(2) Test you hardware !

Using the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) to diagnose hardware errors ...

https://support.hp.com/id-en/document/c04499777

Watch how it works:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14GKIpGPNRM&ab_channel=HPSupport

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the button [ YES ] on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply ▶️ [ Accept as Solution ] ◀️

Do this on the post I wrote that helped solve it.

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

Ran the diagnostics and no problems was detected.

HP Recommended

Hello @Rob_D_TX 

(1) Plugin power adapter

(2) Update BIOS

HP Notebook System BIOS Update (Intel Processors)

F.21 Rev.A31.3 MBAug 11, 2021Download

Why ?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_4123786-2338478-16

Quote: "

Updating the BIOS is recommended as standard maintenance of the computer. It can also help resolve the following issues:

• An available BIOS update resolves a specific issue or improves computer performance.
  • The current BIOS does not support a hardware component or a Windows upgrade.
  • HP Support recommends installing a specific BIOS update.

"

(3) Start again and test ...

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the button [ YES ] on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply ▶️ [ Accept as Solution ] ◀️

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

So finally got time to check. Already have this BIOS installed. So running diagnostics again is useless. Ran HD test in loop till error and it ran over 100 times before I cancelled it. I am really stumped.

HP Recommended

Hello @Rob_D_TX 

You wrote:

> This laptop is under warrantee still but I can't figure it out

Recommendation and solution

In your case: Service is required !

You should have it serviced by HP Support ( Technician )

Please report your results

best regards

---

Thank you very much

⌨️

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.