Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
compaq nc6320
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi all.
In addition to my slow ssd issue, I have this question about my Hp laptop and windows 10...
Why does  my clock not keep time anymore, since the upgrade to windows 10? 
Every time I shut down, then restart later, my time reads what it did when I shut down.  I have to go into the time and date settings and go over all the settings, and reset them, to get the time to catch up and show properly. Have never experienced this before on any operating system.  And linux and windows 7 seem to be ok still.  So not sure if its the laptops problem or windows 10.
Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@EdHatherley 

Please scroll down 1 page and use the first topic of the following link

https://windowsreport.com/fix-windows-10-clock/#1

I did the same few weeks ago for few machines because our Summer time ended on April 7th and Windows 10 did not change the clock back 1 hour. I had to manually change everyday for 2 days but machines kept 1 hr ahead. The fix on the above link made me happy.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@EdHatherley 

You have to setup time zone, date, time, and internet clock for your machine. Please try

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/time-language-settings-windows-10

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi, and thanks for the reply, and the link,  but what you're suggesting is exactly what I have been doing,  everytime I boot up, as stated in my original post.   It's simply not holding the time after a shut down.

I'll have a look over the pages you have linked to, answer if I missed somthing. But pretty sure I'm setting everything properly. 

Thanks 

HP Recommended

@EdHatherley 

Please scroll down 1 page and use the first topic of the following link

https://windowsreport.com/fix-windows-10-clock/#1

I did the same few weeks ago for few machines because our Summer time ended on April 7th and Windows 10 did not change the clock back 1 hour. I had to manually change everyday for 2 days but machines kept 1 hr ahead. The fix on the above link made me happy.

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

Ok, thank you.  I'll check that link out,  as soon as I can,   and when I get back to the laptop.
I discoverd that if I go to the clock setting and just disable and then re-enable the Automatic Time option, it sets itself staight.
But hopefully it will work. : )

I'll let ya know what happens.
Oh, and as far as my slow ssd.  I discovered that, the setting in device manager, that the Kingston Tech told me to change... Disabling Write Cachcing, on the drives property sheet, actually produced higher numbers that when it was enabled. He also had me shut do the Windows Search service. But I went back into sevices and re-enable it,  ran crystal disk mark again, and it makes no difference in the speeds, on this laptop anyways.  So it's staying enabled for now.  If anything, the write and read speeds were a touch higher with indexing on.  And much higher that they were when write caching was disabled, per the techs instructions.
I'll post a follow up on the other ssd post,  with a photo or two if allowed.

Thanks again.

HP Recommended

Ok, I checked out the link you provided...
I actually had found that service the other day and started it AND set the startup type to, Automatic.
It has made no difference. : (
Windows 7 seems to keep the time perfectly, as does Ubuntu (Linux)
So I'm outa ideas.  But it is frustrating to say the least.

Now back to my slow ssd issues. : /

HP Recommended

Hi there again.
I think the time issue is finally solved.  Today when I turned on the laptop and went into win10, it was reporting the time exactly.
I believe it was the change in address where it syncs for time.  Changed from the windows site to the other site listed.
Thank you very much. and have a great weekend.  I know I will, it's my birthday, and now I"ll get to where Im going, on time!! :  )

HP Recommended

Hi,

I thot I had the time issue solved, and tho I thoughtf it might be hardware related, it wasn't.
The instructions on the website you sent me to, did help, eventually, or so I believe once again.
My time was wrong again when I powered up after being shut down awhile.  So I went back to the website you provided, and took a further look down the page.   Anyhow, turns out I didn't even have the Windows Time service listed in services.
On that website, there was mention of a command to type at the prompt, which registers the time service again.   It seems to have worked. So far. 

Not sure where the service went in the first place, as I thot I checked it the other day and it was there and i set the Windows Time serice to  Automatically Start, and started the service.  But today i t was gone. But its back again now.
Just thought I would let ya know.  It's more a windows10 issue rather than an HP issue.  But thanks for your help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.