Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 17102 tx LeapMotion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Downloaded the latest windows version of HP Hardware Diagnostics and installed the same.  It shows in the start menu and the add-Remove Programs Panel.

On running it as administrator, i get a browser-like window warning me of the dangers of running scripts and activeX controls.  On giving it permission to run, nothing happens and i am returned with an empty window

Same is happening with the HP Hardware Diagnostics app downloaded from the Microsoft store

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@perfection161

Uninstall the software using the following details

1. Start Settings from the Start menu.
  2. Click "Apps." ...
  3. In the pane on the left, click "Apps & features." ...
  4. In the Apps & features pane on the right, find a program you want to uninstall and click on it. ...
  5. Windows will uninstall the programdeleting all of its files and data.

Then use this link to download the latest version:-Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@perfection161

Welcome to the HP support community.

Install the latest version of the HP Hardware diagnostics (UEFI) on your device using this link: Click here for details

Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.

On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.

Click Extensive Test.

Click Run once, or Loop until error.

While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component display on the screen.

If a component fails a test, write down the failure ID (24-digit code) for when you respond back to us.

If that isn't working, send pictures of the error.

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sandytechy:  I am not referring to the UEFI version.  This is about the windows installable version

HP Recommended

@perfection161

Uninstall the software using the following details

1. Start Settings from the Start menu.
  2. Click "Apps." ...
  3. In the pane on the left, click "Apps & features." ...
  4. In the Apps & features pane on the right, find a program you want to uninstall and click on it. ...
  5. Windows will uninstall the programdeleting all of its files and data.

Then use this link to download the latest version:-Click here

I hope that helps.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.