Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Notebook keyboard problems

HP 14 notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello

So my problem is my keyboard so everytime i turnon my laptop my keyboard works just fine all the keys showing the right letter but for about 6 minuits my keyboard suddenly stops working like backspace l,space,capslock,esc,shift and arrow keys work

But every other button does not work if i press for example the letter g it does not type anything but i hear the sound that indicates that i pressed it the *bling* and btw the control key ctrl is stuck the keyboard is not stuck i think its the software i searched for hours for a solution nothing did all the procedures j can find in the net like restart and press esc. Uninstall and install etc. 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,068 21,032 1,384 2,218
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

@Dannidavito,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

Have you tried to connect an external keyboard and check if the issue persists. 

Let's try these steps here: 

• Uninstall the keyboard drivers from device manager and restart the computer.
  • Right-click on start.>device manager>expand Keyboards and right-click on the keyboard and uninstall it. then restart the computer.
  • Also, update the bios and chipset drivers from this link: http://hp.com/drivers and follow the on-screen instructions.
  • Ensure to run and install all the latest windows updates correctly.
  • You may also refer to this support document for - HP Notebook PCs - Keyboard Troubleshooting (Windows)

Let me know how it goes for further assistance!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Dannidavito
Level 1
3 2 1 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Sorry for the late reply i allready tried all the solutions ever thing i could find on the internet and one day it suddenly worked again i was skepticle at first but it worked after about 1 month of use i installed a game called legue of legends becuase i thought it was allready ok to use i allready played other games on my laptop anyway so i intalled it but NOPE after a couple of rounds my keyboard stopped working and the ctrl key is acting stuck again and btw everytime i turn on my laptop its show alps touch pad diagnostics thats how i know when my keyboard brocken again

Here is a link to whats happening to my laptop

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_l8dsUMCiKo

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Just wanted to check what happens when you try to use an external keyboard.

Could you please let me know the results for further assistance. 

Cheers 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Dannidavito
Level 1
3 2 1 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

hello i have not tried using an external keyboard yet because i can't get one so i tried a couple of things and found interesting results first i tried to disable both the left and right ctrl keys witch worked i had no problems and everything was fine the problem is what if i needed to use control alt delete so next what i did was disable the left ctrl and remap the the right ctrl key i change the right ctrl key to the insert key and then i remaped the insert key to right ctrl works like a charm when using my laptop normally but... when i play games it still keeps holding down or repetedly keeps pressing the right ctrl(insert now)

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

@Dannidavito,

This looks like an issue with the keyboard failure. I would recommend you contact our HP support team for further assistance. 

HP support team can be reached on this link.

That said, take care and have a great day!

Cheers 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation