1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Notebook keyboard problems

HP 14 notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello

So my problem is my keyboard so everytime i turnon my laptop my keyboard works just fine all the keys showing the right letter but for about 6 minuits my keyboard suddenly stops working like backspace l,space,capslock,esc,shift and arrow keys work

But every other button does not work if i press for example the letter g it does not type anything but i hear the sound that indicates that i pressed it the *bling* and btw the control key ctrl is stuck the keyboard is not stuck i think its the software i searched for hours for a solution nothing did all the procedures j can find in the net like restart and press esc. Uninstall and install etc. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,094 20,715 1,353 2,135
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Notebook keyboard problems

@Dannidavito,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

Have you tried to connect an external keyboard and check if the issue persists. 

Let's try these steps here: 

• Uninstall the keyboard drivers from device manager and restart the computer.
  • Right-click on start.>device manager>expand Keyboards and right-click on the keyboard and uninstall it. then restart the computer.
  • Also, update the bios and chipset drivers from this link: http://hp.com/drivers and follow the on-screen instructions.
  • Ensure to run and install all the latest windows updates correctly.
  • You may also refer to this support document for - HP Notebook PCs - Keyboard Troubleshooting (Windows)

Let me know how it goes for further assistance!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation