Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15-dy0000 Laptop PC (7QU34AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Greetings HP Community, 

So, I actually have two of these laptops and the same issue persists on both.  Both laptops run Windows 11.  

The issue:

When scrolling or moving items using the directional keys on my keyboard, random numbers get inserted into text fields.  This happens with multiple software, notably Microsoft Office apps (both 2019 and 2021 versions) and Articulate Storyline.  Sometimes, if I click on a text box, for instance, to move it, and I'm using the directional keys to accurately place it, whether I hold them down or repeatedly press them, the text box loses focus and a random number is inserted.  I say random because sometimes it's a 2, sometimes a 4, sometimes an 8.....there really doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to it.  I figure there must be a way to disable this from happening, but have no idea what's causing it or what setting I would need to adjust to make the fix.  

Any help or suggestions are much appreciated!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.