Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Omen 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I wanted to change the lighting of my keyboard through Lightstudio. I accidentally pressed the basic lighting option and now I can't seem to find a way to use Lightstudio again. Its not letting me change anything in Lightstudio only the basic lighting is working. Anyone has a solution for this? In the past lightstudio always worked. 

Update: By simply uninstalling and installing lightstudio everything worked again

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

hello

did you try to download OMEN Light Studio on OMEN Gaming Hub. ? 

link : ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9NQDW009T0T5&cid

HP Recommended

Hello @martijn04 .

Close OMEN Gaming Hub and OMEN Light Studio from the task manager.
Open the folder and look for the following path:APPData / Local (note that the user name is the name you use)
If you find the HPOMEN and HP_Inc folders, delete both folders.
Then re-open OMEN Gaming Hub and OMEN Light Studio to see if they can be opened normally.

https://h30467.www3.hp.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/70639i8B3B340D68F999FE/image-size/large?v=v2...

I am proudly Mexican, a Computer Systems Engineer and a community volunteer.
If you found the answer helpful and/or you want to say “thanks”? Click the “ Yes ” box below Did I help solve the problem? don´t forget to click “ Accept as a solution” , someone who has the same query may find this solution and be helped by it.

HP Recommended

Thanks for you're help but it didn't work. I've just installed the program again and all of a sudden it works again 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi, Please follow these steps, and let us know if it could be fixed or not:

• Close Omen Gaming Hub and Light Studio
  • Open Task Manager, and kill (End Task) LightStudioHelper
    SYLee1071_0-1640248248510.png

• Launch Omen Gaming Hub and Light Studio again
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.