Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
07-11-2022 09:41 PM
I want to run VM Ware 16 on my laptop, but everytime the VM tries to start my laptop receives windows 11 blue screen and restarts. I have tried with VM Ware 15 and 14.
07-11-2022 11:18 PM
Sorry to hear that you are having problems ... and I would like to help you.
(1) Update BIOS
HP Notebook System BIOS Update (Intel Processors)
|F.30 Rev.A||11.2 MB||Apr 11, 2022||Download|
Why should you install the update ?
Updating the BIOS is recommended as standard maintenance of the computer. It can also help resolve the following issues:
- An available BIOS update resolves a specific issue or improves computer performance.
- The current BIOS does not support a hardware component or a Windows upgrade.
- HP Support recommends installing a specific BIOS update.
Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Driver
|2188.8.131.523 Rev.A||17.3 MB||May 21, 2021||Download|
Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver
|184.108.40.2060 Rev.A||22.0 MB||Sep 10, 2021||Download|
Intel Solid State Drive (SSD) Firmware Update
|HPS2/HP06/HPS5/HPS9 Rev.A||15.6 MB||Jan 4, 2022||Download|
Realtek Local Area Network (LAN) Driver
|1168.003.1022.2021 Rev.B||1.9 MB||Mar 17, 2022||Download|
(4) Check BIOS
HP PCs - Enable Virtualization Technology in the BIOS
(5) Test again ...
07-12-2022 10:26 AM
Even if only the VM crashes, please run a full hardware test.
(1) Test your hardware Using the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI)
See how it works:
(2) Please report your results
(3) Have you checked the VMware community pages to see if this or a similar issue is known ?
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community