Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 Laptop - 15-ee0700no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi!

My problem is, that I had upgraded windows 10 MOHE (I have made clean installation) to PRO and have been lost all pre-installed HP software: HP Audio Switch (1.0.179.0), HP JumpStart, HP Documentation, HP Framework (7.1.15.1). I tried to find that software on an official HP webpage, but it is impossible. I contacted HP support as well, but they said to contact local service. I tried this as well, but I did not receive any response yet.

Therefore, I am kindly asking if anybody can send me missing software or a link to download missing software?

Best regards,

Damjan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only way you can get the original software back would be to use the HP cloud recovery tool to reinstall W10 Home.

HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10, 7) | HP® Customer Support

This will install the original W10 Home.

Then instead of clean installing W10 Pro and losing everything again, simply upgrade to W10 Pro using either of these approaches, as applicable.

1.  Upgrade using your digital license for Windows 10 Pro

To upgrade, select the Start  button, then select Settings  > Update & Security  > Activation .

Open Activation settings

• If you have a digital license for Windows 10 Pro, and Windows 10 Home is currently activated on your device, you'll see one of two messages when you select Go to Microsoft Store:

• If you see Install, select the button to install Windows 10 Pro.

• If you see Buy, you may need to purchase a Windows 10 Pro license. Or, try to sign in to Microsoft Store with the Microsoft account that was used to purchase the Pro license. Then, follow the instructions to install Windows 10.

• If you have a digital license for Windows 10 Pro, but Windows 10 Home isn't activated on your device, select Troubleshoot and then follow the instructions to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro.

2.  Upgrade using a Windows 10 Pro product key

1. Select the Start  button, then select Settings  > Update & Security  > Activation .

2. Select Change product key, and then enter the 25-character Windows 10 Pro product key.

3. Select Next to start the upgrade to Windows 10 Pro.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only way you can get the original software back would be to use the HP cloud recovery tool to reinstall W10 Home.

HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10, 7) | HP® Customer Support

This will install the original W10 Home.

Then instead of clean installing W10 Pro and losing everything again, simply upgrade to W10 Pro using either of these approaches, as applicable.

1.  Upgrade using your digital license for Windows 10 Pro

To upgrade, select the Start  button, then select Settings  > Update & Security  > Activation .

Open Activation settings

• If you have a digital license for Windows 10 Pro, and Windows 10 Home is currently activated on your device, you'll see one of two messages when you select Go to Microsoft Store:

• If you see Install, select the button to install Windows 10 Pro.

• If you see Buy, you may need to purchase a Windows 10 Pro license. Or, try to sign in to Microsoft Store with the Microsoft account that was used to purchase the Pro license. Then, follow the instructions to install Windows 10.

• If you have a digital license for Windows 10 Pro, but Windows 10 Home isn't activated on your device, select Troubleshoot and then follow the instructions to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro.

2.  Upgrade using a Windows 10 Pro product key

1. Select the Start  button, then select Settings  > Update & Security  > Activation .

2. Select Change product key, and then enter the 25-character Windows 10 Pro product key.

3. Select Next to start the upgrade to Windows 10 Pro.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

Thank you so much for the quick response!
Since you mention this solution as the only possible one, does it also mean that I will lose all partitions or just partition "C"?

Best regards,

Damjan

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I believe that the HP cloud recovery tool will set the hard drive back to its original configuration, which means anything you did to it will be lost.

HP Recommended

Dear Paul,

Your proposed solution worked! Otherwise, the partitions are not lost if the "backup personal files" option is selected, as you can select partitions. Personally, I failed because there was something wrong with one of the partitions. Thank you very much again!

Best regards,

Damjan

HP Recommended

Anytime, Damjan.

Glad to have been of assistance.

Best regards,

Paul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.