Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
omen 15-ax050nf
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello ,

I try to control the fan , can't do that with speedfan nor the HP Omen control program .

is there a way to control the fan ?

Thanks .

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @NG-Kx,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you wanted to know if there is a way to control the fan manually.

There is no option to manually control the fan as it is automated based on system temperature.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Hello and thanks for the reply ,

There's really no way to boost the fan at least ? my laptop is near 80° in full use ( thermal paste was changed 1 month ago ) and 45° in battery mode ( cpu blocked @ 1ghz in battery mode ) .

There will be an option to change the speed of the fans in the bios or a program planned for?

It's necessary .....

Thanks in advance for the reply

HP Recommended

Hi @NG-Kx,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

There is no option to change the fan speed. 

You may check the links below for preventing overheating of the notebook: 

1. Fan is Noisy and Spins Constantly

2. Reducing Heat Inside the Laptop 

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Hi ,

No dust in the vent , fan can be noisy (idc about the fan noise) , all i wanted was the fan at the maximum speed.

So what I did is solder the fan power in 12v. I have a good temperature on the laptop @ full usage = ~70°  ; ~30° in battery mode ) .

I reaaaaaally hope that an option in the bios, or a program will make its appearance for the control of the fan speed .... (auto-fan is glitchy) .

Thanks !

P.S: I'm really sorry for the aprox english 😃

HP Recommended

Hi @NG-Kx,

I reviewed the post. You've displayed great resilience, immense patience and excellent troubleshooting skills to try and resolve the issue. Kudos to you for a job well done.:) As @Rainbow23 is out of office for the day, I am taking over from here.

Coming to the fan, it cannot be controlled in the bios as the fan is designed for optimal use. When you just open a small program like notepad or MS Word to type the fan spins at low speeds. But when High graphic intensive games videos and graphic imaging software and programming is involved, then the fan spins at higher speeds to keep the computer cool. The fan is designed to be smart and senses the temperature of the CPU and works according to that.

If the CPU does not get hot, then the fan spins at low speeds. If it becomes warm because of heavy usage, then the fan spins at higher speeds to cool it down. That is why there is no speed controls give for the fan in Windows or in Bios.

If the fan is overheating and you've performed all the steps mentioned in the links from the previous post and have also updated the bios. please contact Hp phone support to get the fan replaced or the computer serviced.

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

• (1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.
  • (2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.
  • (3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.
  • (4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. If the unit is under warranty repair services is taken care of by the manufacturer’s warranty.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

Cheers!

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Can u teach me how did u do that? I mean soldering the fan power to 12V
HP Recommended

check the answers at the following thread on how to use nbfc to control the fan speed, no hw mods necessary
https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Notebooks/Fan-control-in-command-center-in-the-omen-laptops/td-...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.