Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 17-cb0006na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I have recently purchased an Omen laptop (OMEN by HP 17-cb0006na) and have a weird issue with the Omen Command Center software. I have logged in to my account and set my keyboard light to the colours I like. Sometimes when I turn on my laptop, I find Omen Command Center is logged out of my account and as a result the keyboard lights are reverted back to the default colours. This doesn't seem to happen every time I shut off my laptop but maybe every second or third time. It's a small thing but it is annoying that I have to log back in every time this happens. Surely, it should stay logged in and keep my settings. I have checked and the Omen Command Center software is set to start with windows. 

Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @bluumann

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the Omen Command Center. 

Please try these steps to update the Omen Command Center -

1) Click the Microsoft Store icon on the task bar.
2) Search for OMEN Command Center.
3) Click Update.
Wait while the program downloads and installs.
4) Click Play.
OMEN Command Center opens.

Also, try updating the computer - 

Step 1 Windows Updates -

1) In the search box, type and open Windows Updates.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

Step 2 HP Support Assistant Updates -

1) In the search box, type and open HP Support Assistant.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Asmita, thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, your suggestions didn’t help as I have already done all of them prior to posting my question here. I have the latest version of the Omen Command Center app and Windows is fully updated too. Also, no new updates are available in the HP updater either. 

Every time I shut down my laptop, Command Center seems to log out so at the next start up, my settings (keyboard lights) are reverted back to the default state until I actually log back in. Any other suggestions?

HP Recommended

@bluumann

Please try creating a new user account and check - 

1. Tap the Windows icon.
2. Select Settings.
3. Tap Accounts.
4. Select Family & other users.
5. Tap "Add someone else to this PC."
6. Select "I don't have this person's sign-in information."
7. Select "Add a user without a Microsoft account."
8. Enter a username, type the account's password twice, enter a clue and select Next.
9. Tap the Windows icon.
10. Select the User icon at the upper left corner of the Start menu.
11. Select the new user. You'll then sign into your account with your password from step 8.

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.