Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN 15-ce012ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello.

I recently buy Hp Omen 15-ce012ng.  Spec : Intel i7 7700 HQ, 8GB DDR4 RAM, 128 GB SSD , 1 TB HDD, Geforce Gtx 1050 2 GB .

It came without os. So i installed win 10 from Microsoft site.

Than all drivers installed. Hp support assistant installed .  But when i try to install Omen command center i got error "SYSTEM NOT SUPPORT". I have on keyboard Omen Button in top right corner but its uselles .sys not support.pngWhat i need to do to make Command Center works?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Analogic  @Denis-D

I think I have a solution. This should work if your system was clean installed with the Microsoft ISO or has the preinstalled version.

First, download and install  Microsoft Visual C++ 2010

Edited to reflect new download location of files.

Next, download SYSTEM.SAV

Open the SYSTEM.SAV folder, then open the flags folder. "Copy" the OMENALLYINSTALL file.

Navigate to  C:\SYSTEM.SAV\Flags  and "paste" the install file.

Note the SYSTEM.SAV folder is a hidden folder. Go to View and tick the box for Hidden items.

At this point make sure the Omen keys are functioning (Fkeys and programmable keys).

If they do not work, make sure you have the HP System Event Utility installed for your system.

It will be available in the download page for your laptop model on the HP website.

Once you have working Omen keys verified, continue.

Download the file command center registry fix. Open the folder and doulble click the reg file to install it.

Your Command Center should work now. If its not installed, go ahead and install it.

It is available on your models download page for drivers on the HP website.

Omen Command Center (old version)

OK then, let me know how it turns out.

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
HP Recommended

@Analogic

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand you need the Omen command center,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you know that the Omen command center is only available in certain models and if not shipped with your PC it isn't a part of your package?

That said, if you had the software but removed it accidentally, the only way to get it back is using the recovery manager: Click here for details.

If, you've been ale to recover the software, here's a list of functionalities supported by the HP Omen Control: 

• Working with user profiles 

• Programming the gaming keys 

• Customizing the lighting for each keyboard zone 

• Using the Advanced keyboard settings 

HP OMEN Control is a utility that allows you to customize your keyboard for your specific gaming needs, for details: Click here

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Helo, thanks for answer but Omen Control i belive its for older Omen laptops, mine have only red keyboard and WASD in white led color. so i cant change keyboard color. And i downloaded Omen Command Center from Hp support site for my model.  Why its available for download when its not compatible ? 

Did i spend money on half product ?

Here is ic for better understanding model

omen 15_ laptop_coreset_front_ir_cam.jpg

HP Recommended

I've got the same trouble. But there is no error on instalation, it just don't take any effect. Looks like Command center  installed properly, but there is no any shortcut and not  in program list, nowhere. Support assistant doesn't try to download Command center. But this program is in list of drivers and applications for my laptop by the serial nubmer.

My laptop is Omen 15 ce036ur (OS was not preinstalled). Looking forward for solving the problem.

HP Recommended

When i run 80856.exe ( ommen command center) then cmd windows appear rapid and its done. But when u go in C:/swsetup then u find 80856 folder and there is ommen command setup. when i run it i got error

HP Recommended

@Analogic & @Denis-D

Thank you for replying with this detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts,

As mentioned previously, if the app wasn't a part of the original setup, it's not meant for your model and therefore will not work,

I recommend you check with the sales person or the store for details regarding the same as not all Omen laptops support the change in lights.

That said, if your PC had the program but you removed it or it isn't working anymore, you could also try this link: Click here to download.

If the issue persists, Create a new user account as there could be a corrupt profile creating a conflict and check if that works.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, 

Feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

Followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' 

And Have a great day ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Analogic wrote:

I downloaded Omen Command Center from Hp support site for my model.  Why its available for download when its not compatible ? 

Did i spend money on half product ?

Good question. That Omen series is advertised as having the Control Center available and its also included in the drivers page for that series.

But it will not install on any system thats had Windows installed via the Microsoft ISO. It appears that it only works on HP preinstalled operating systems.

Also if you have a preinstalled system and later clean install with the MS ISO, users have reported it will not work either, no matter if all the other drivers are installed or not.

I have asked HP about this and am waiting a reply.

If I hear of anything, I will post it.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response! I appriciate if you would write in this topic, what did HP answer. Or any other about Omen command center. I looked through them all ..

HP Recommended

@Analogic  @Denis-D

I think I have a solution. This should work if your system was clean installed with the Microsoft ISO or has the preinstalled version.

First, download and install  Microsoft Visual C++ 2010

Edited to reflect new download location of files.

Next, download SYSTEM.SAV

Open the SYSTEM.SAV folder, then open the flags folder. "Copy" the OMENALLYINSTALL file.

Navigate to  C:\SYSTEM.SAV\Flags  and "paste" the install file.

Note the SYSTEM.SAV folder is a hidden folder. Go to View and tick the box for Hidden items.

At this point make sure the Omen keys are functioning (Fkeys and programmable keys).

If they do not work, make sure you have the HP System Event Utility installed for your system.

It will be available in the download page for your laptop model on the HP website.

Once you have working Omen keys verified, continue.

Download the file command center registry fix. Open the folder and doulble click the reg file to install it.

Your Command Center should work now. If its not installed, go ahead and install it.

It is available on your models download page for drivers on the HP website.

Omen Command Center (old version)

OK then, let me know how it turns out.

HP Recommended

That is solution! 

Photoray002, That works great! Thanks a lot for your work, now that Omen Key isn't useless. :generic:

Even HP  didn't solve that and I'm a little bit confused about that.

Photoray002, thank you again!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.