Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN 17-cb0009nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

With the latest HP certified display driver 451,67,  If i play on the display of my omen notebook with rtx 2070 mobile, Control game goes at 65-75 fps all the time, if I try via hdmi on my sony tv, in any mode, the game does not keep 60fps and also drops below 45 fps with stuttering I have tried both the 451.67, hp and not-certified (whql), and also the 451.85, same problem. Going back to old drivers, like the 431.60 whql, the problem is solved and the game always goes to 60fps on TV. The next one 436.02 and his superior have the problem, frankly I can't understand what has changed into drivers.

The game is configured at 1080 with 720 dlss, rtx on and all at high settings.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@maxxxp

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

I suggest you download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/p...

HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Also ensure Windows is up to date.

Select the Start  button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update , and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you and have a wonderful day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

@KrazyToad

thanks for the reply but i installed the hp certified drivers for the first time using the "hp support assistant" program which is pre-installed on the notebook (after putting them I saw that they are 451.67), after installing the windows 10 2004 update  otherwise it could not find the latest versions, so I updated the whole system using it and the bios.
But the problem remains as I said, lacking alternatives I tried other drivers by nvidia and only the old 431.60 solves the problem, but it is very old and also missing the DLSS2 that the Control game should use.
The only other certified drivers that he gives me as an alternative on the HP site for windows 10 2004 are the 419 but they are really old, since the Omen laptop has the goal of being for gaming too, you should give more alternatives.
Since at this moment I doubt that it is the fault of the generic drivers, you should therefore put other certified drivers for the next generic drivers that will come out, hoping that the problem is corrected.
Or, if you can, review the drivers present and understand why on my Omen I have this problem (I doubt that all the PCs on all the monitors connected in existing hdmi have it, but I don't know), since the people of nvidia say that only certified hp drivers are to be installed on the omen.

HP Recommended

@maxxxp

I recommend you contact support to further diagnose the issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.