HP Support Agent
22,472 22,429 1,882 2,999
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Omen key

@Drejc 

Welcome to HP Forums Community!

You may want to go through the compatibility list to identify if your device supports an option to change or upgrade the HP Omen Key and/or the Macros keys: Click here to verify

That said, your model does not support macros keys, and therefore customizing a specific key or the Omen key, may not be an option,

Although, if you've got the button and its non-functional, you may need to reinstall the Omen controller and event utility, please try reinstalling these:

HP System Event Utility

OMEN Command Center

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Drejc
6 4 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Omen key

Thank you for your reply!

I reinstalled both of the drivers, but only the network booster in the Omen Command Center updated. Still no sign of Omen Key or macro keys.

Thank you in advance for your reply!

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Omen key

@Drejc As I mentioned earlier, your device does not support the Macro keys, hence that option would not turn on, also, could you send a screenshot or picture of the omen key you are referring to? So I could help you more efficiently?

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Drejc
6 4 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Omen key

@Riddle_Decipher wrote:

@DrejcAs I mentioned earlier, your device does not support the Macro keys, hence that option would not turn on, also, could you send a screenshot or picture of the omen key you are referring to? So I could help you more efficiently?

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

screenshot.pngThis is a screenshot of my Omen Command Center. The laptop I am using is HP Omen 15 dc-0018nm and it has an Omen key.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Omen key

@Drejc I suggest installing the latest firmware for your device: Click here to download

Also, include installing the latest drivers for the Chipset and the BIOS, using the link mentioned here

If nothing works, please create a new user account and check if that works fine.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation