19carl
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Option to restrict battery charging level

Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The following thread was archived without a real response to the enhancement request (which I and some others actually consider a product defect).

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebooks-Archive-Read-Only/Battery-charging-limit-threshold-for-Spect...

It is VERY well-known and accepted that repeated/unnecessary charging to 100% shortens battery life. Other manufacturers (both computer, car, etc.) provide the ability to set a limit in the charging management software so that the battery only partially charges, thereby extending its life.

Can someone from HP Please comment on when they will deliver the ability to limit battery charging to less than 100%.

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
11,546 11,537 563 605
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Option to restrict battery charging level

@19carl

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number 

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation