Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP PAVILION 15 n-018TU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello there,

I have a question that can I overclock my RAM, GPU and CPU?
I have two RAMs installed which are :- 

Samsung (4GB)DDR3 1600 MHz in Slot 1
Hynix (2GB) DDR3 1600MHz in Slot 2

The CPU installed is Intel Core 13-3217u @1.80GHz
and
The Graphics Card is Intel HD Graphics 4000.

Please suggest me any effective method.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Parvan1 

Desktops can be overclocked because you have the option of installing more powerful CPU fans and/or liquid cooling to remove the extra heat from the overclocking.

Laptops have no such options.

There is no SAFE or effective way to overclock laptops without risking destroying the processor through a thermal crash.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

So you mean that any component of laptops can't be overclocked. right?

HP Recommended

@Parvan1 

You're mixing CAN with SHOULD.

I did not say they CAN NOT be overclocked; I said they SHOULD NOT be overclocked -- and I told you why not.

IF you force that and burn out your CPU or GPU in the process, you have no one to blame but yourself.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.