Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Spectre X360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a spectre x360 with a nvidia geforce gtx graphics card. Intel core i7, but my laptop seams to be overheating. I talked to my friend who was having the same issue, and he said that he went into his power settings and changed it to balanced. So, i did that but I only have one option, and that is balanced. when i go to choose a differnet power plan all i have to choose from is "balanced". Also when i go to advanced power settings it doesnt allow me to manipoulate my max and min processing power. Any tips woould be grately appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@AndrewC_01 Welcome to HP Forums Community!

I recommend you provide the complete product information so I can identify what kind of heat your computer can take, also, please be advised that certain options such as the CPU Fan and BIOS settings are locked, as they are system managed, as HP has set it to work at its optimal performance, that said, here's what I suggest you do:

Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution: Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

Heat buildup can cause problems for any laptop (notebook). Generally, when temperatures inside the case rise to excessive amounts, the risk of damaging important internal components increases greatly. The most common cause of overheating is the accumulation of dust inside the laptop. The electrical components in a notebook generate heat and fans inside the notebook help move the air to keep the components cooled to normal operating temperatures. Inadequate cooling can cause excess heat to build up inside the case which can damage components. The sound of the fan running constantly may indicate that the laptop is getting hot and is not running as efficiently as possible and that there is a problem with accumulated dust clogging the air vents.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.