Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP e021tx
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I have HP e021tx PC. I installed all the drivers from HP official website. But in the device manager there is showing "unknown device" with the error code "PCI Bus driver missing (Code 28)". From where to install the driver. Please guide me.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

OK. You need the HP 3D DriveGuard Software Driver

Try this one from link below:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp64001-64500/sp64144.exe

Hope it helps,

David

Please click on thumbs up for thanks

Please click on accept as solution if answered your question

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

In device manager go to the unknown device and right-click on it. Click on properties and then click on the details tab. Now click on the tab curtain and go to hardware id. Post the hardware id here for further help.

Let me know,

David

HP Recommended

Hi David, 

This is what I found:

Hardware Ids:

ACPI\VEN_HPQ&DEV_0004
ACPI\HPQ0004
*HPQ0004

Please help me out.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

OK. You need the HP 3D DriveGuard Software Driver

Try this one from link below:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp64001-64500/sp64144.exe

Hope it helps,

David

Please click on thumbs up for thanks

Please click on accept as solution if answered your question

HP Recommended

Hi David,

It's amazing. It worked. Thank you so much. I am really grateful to you. Take a huge love from me. I have a just simple query regarding this. If you answer me properly I will be more happier. 

What is the function of "HP 3D DriveGuard Software Driver" ? Why do we need this to install.

Thanks a lot.

with love,

Subha

HP Recommended

Your welcome Subha,

Basically it protects the hard drive if the PC falls or is hit. Here is from HP:

"HP 3D DriveGuard protects 
the hard drive by "parking the heads" if the notebook is accidentally dropped or 
is abruptly impacted by another object."

Let me know if you need any further help.

All the best,

David

HP Recommended

My Dear,

No more queries. Thanks a lot for your time. Have a nice day. 🙂 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.