Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15-AF006ax
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Just did a clean install of Win 7 64 bit, and for the life of me cant find the PCI Encryption/Decryption Controller driver on the HP site. It shows up alongside a little triangular exclamatory mark in device manager. Please help, I am not able to find this anywhere.

Device Name: HP 15-AF006ax

CPU: AMD A8-7410

RAM: 4 gigabytes

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@TunneUnnu

Please try driver for Windows 7

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71001-71500/sp71264.exe

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much, I've been stuck with this for nearly 4 hours now.

edit: doesnt work

HP Recommended

Hello again

I downloaded the file you linked and installed it.

It installed itself to C>SWSetup>SP71264

Unde the SP71264 folder, I tried executing the SetupTXE.exe file, but I received an error message saying:

"The setup ended prematurely because of the following error: This platform is not supported"

What do I do now?

HP Recommended

@banhien

@TunneUnnu wrote:

Hello again

I downloaded the file you linked and installed it.

It installed itself to C>SWSetup>SP71264

Unde the SP71264 folder, I tried executing the SetupTXE.exe file, but I received an error message saying:

"The setup ended prematurely because of the following error: This platform is not supported"

What do I do now?

HP Recommended

@TunneUnnu

Did you upgrade/downgrade your machine ? Please try the following one

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp69501-70000/sp69602.exe 

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

The link you just provided throws up a 404 error upon clicking

HP Recommended

Hi, @TunneUnnu :

PCI Encryption/Decryption Controller:  Note...this driver has to be manually installed.

This package provides AMD PSP Driver for supported models that are running a supported operating system. 

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp68501-69000/sp68619.exe

To manually install the driver, download and run the driver above.  Close out of any error windows.

Go to the device manager and click on the PCI E/D Controller needing the driver.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update Driver.  Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and browse to the driver folder that was created when you ran the file.

That folder will be located in C:\SWSetup\sp68619.

Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked and the driver should install.  Then restart the PC.

HP Recommended

Sorry for the late reply.

I followed all the steps exactly as you've stated. During the installation of the driver, I'm shown an error message that states:

" Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it.

AMD PSP 1.0 Device

The specified device does not exist as an installed device "

The installation then terminates without installing anything.

Any idea on what I can do here?

HP Recommended

Hi:

Sorry that didn't work.  Not sure why or what to do about it.

I have zipped up and attached the latest AMD PSP driver directly from the AMD website.

Download, and unzip it to its folder and try the same approach as you did with the other driver (browse to it).

You may first want to uninstall the device and driver in the device manager before attempting to install this updated driver.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.