Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
envy laptop 8CG62300CP
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have just installed windows 10 os in my laptop.  the laptop was having multiple issues, which were resolved once I was finally able to reninstall Windows 10.   I thought everything was fine because it was working nicely until I looked into Device Manager and under other devices: I have alerts and in devices and printers the icon for the laptop has an alert and says no drivers installed. 

I cannot seem to find a correct site, including HP, to download what I need.   under PCI DEVICE PROPERTIES/DETAILS this is what the Hardware of 1id there are three other needed hardware ids.   PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_5229&SUBSYS_81AA103C&REV_01
I have tried the right clicking uninstall, reinstall, does nothing, probably because there are no drivers.

Please help.

Thank you 

con-artist-nope

I am a real person:)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I don't see any screenshots.

You can also try manually installing the Realtek SD card driver.

Go to the device manager, click on the PCI device needing the driver.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update driver.

Select the 'Browse my computer for drivers' option and browse to the driver folder that was created when you ran sp75182.

That folder will be located in C:\SWSetup\sp75182.

Make sure the Include subfolders box is checked and the driver should install.

You can also try the W10 chipset driver directly from the AMD website to install the smbus controller.

Select the W10 64 bit driver from the link below, download and run the file.

970 Drivers & Support | AMD

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

@con-artist-nope 

It probably is the card reader, please try

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp56501-57000/sp56678.exe

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi, @con-artist-nope 

You need these drivers...

I have zipped up and attached the smbus controller driver below.

For the smbus controller, you will need to manually install the driver as follows...

Download and unzip the attached file to its folder.

Do not do anything with the files in the folder.

Go to the device manager.

Click on the SMBus controller needing the driver.

Click on the driver tab.

Click on Update driver.

Select the 'Browse my computer for drivers' option and browse to the driver folder you unzipped.

Then restart the PC.

You need the card reader driver from your notebook's support page for the PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_5229...

Driver - HP ENVY x360 - m6-ar004dx (ENERGY STAR) | HP® Customer Support

HP Recommended

Paul Tikkanen (level21) gave information and I tried it but possibly did not do it correctly.  Nothing changed.

I downloaded the link.

Do I open the download before I go to device manager.

Please help.

thank you,

con-artist-nope

HP Recommended

Hi:

For the smbus controller driver you have to download and unzip the file I attached in my first reply to its folder and then manually install the driver from the smbus controller in the device manager.

For the card reader, you download and run this exe file and the PCI device should automatically install.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp75001-75500/sp75182.exe 

HP Recommended

I still have alerts I did everything you said exactly after i received your 2nd email thing s made more sense.

I did send a couple of screen shots.

any other ideas?

Thank you, con-artist-nope

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I don't see any screenshots.

You can also try manually installing the Realtek SD card driver.

Go to the device manager, click on the PCI device needing the driver.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update driver.

Select the 'Browse my computer for drivers' option and browse to the driver folder that was created when you ran sp75182.

That folder will be located in C:\SWSetup\sp75182.

You can also try the W10 chipset driver directly from the AMD website to install the smbus controller.

Select the W10 64 bit driver from the link below, download and run the file.

970 Drivers & Support | AMD

HP Recommended

I took your advice to go to AMD and was able to install a whole new chipset.  Things seem to be running well because I checked each item in the device manger complete list.  the only alert I have now is listed under other devices ,  one unknown device.

code 28,   no update available.   At this point after working on it yesterday and today all day, I figure I will just forget that one thing.  I have the whole computer updated with Microsoft updates; Hp updates and now with your great help I have installed a complete amd chipset everything is 2022.   I am done.  The lap icon still has an alert sign and the trouble shooter says:

doesnt have a driver; unknown device; I don't see my device listed:  those three choices I am supposed to pick one.

Now can I leave it alone?  everything seems fine?

appreciate your continued help, it is super!!

Many thanks

con-artist-nope 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

The Unknown device probably needs a different driver.

If you post the hardware ID for that device like you did for the PCI device, I will find the driver you need for that too.

You can also use this guide for how to find the hardware ID for a device...

How to Find Drivers for Unknown Devices in the Device Manager (howtogeek.com)

No sense in giving up now when you are one driver away from having a 'clean' device manager.

HP Recommended

how to Geek is my favorite newsletter; however, I do not know what to do when I have three choices under value in Hardware Ids?   They are

APIVEN-AMD&DEV_33d6

ACPI\AMD33D6

*AMD33D6

FEELING KINDA DUMB 

CON-ARTIST-NOPE

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.