Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp 15-BS070WM
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, good (insert T.o.D) I was the smart@$* who figured out the M.2 slots those few years back before everyone started asking. Now I got a new question. With both apps "Speccy and Intel's Optain memory or RST" they both listed PCI-E slots in use or open on my motherboard (HP 832A (U3E1)) so it has 4 different slots 3 with 1 Data Lane open or used and a single PCI-E X4. 4 Data lanes never in use always open. Even with the M.2 SATA SSD installed along with SSD Drive where the HDD used to be. So there question is where is this slot? Why is always open and how can I use it?

HP Notebook 15-bs070wm, Intel core i5 7200U @ 2.50GHz Kaby Lake-U/Y 14nm Technology

16.0GB Dual Channel unknown (Crucial) @1064MHz (16-16-16-35)

Windows 10 Pro OS.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@lokii_35 

The specs of your machine is

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05609712

Manual for the series says for machines with core processors, they may have dual storage options with M.2 SATA SSD + 2.5" HDD. But I saw many users said the M.2 slot for 15-bs0xx machines is not there as from Crucial (no available M.2 drives for upgrade).

https://www.crucial.com/compatible-upgrade-for/hp---compaq/hp-15-bs070wm

Many older machines normally have 2 PCIe slots and both are for communications (WLAN and WWAN), not for storage.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I'm very sorry to hear that. But did you read the Question at all? Because my OS is being run off a M.2 SATA SSD MX500 from Crucial.  I understand that at HP your knowledge extends to vast offerings of the manuals (which I see are no longer sent with the products themselves) but everything you said was 100% WRONG! Because my secondary drive is also a SSD. Also by Crucial, and so was my memory upgrades. I've had no problems with thier products.  Besides the fact I can't seem to set the BIOS to use SSD or M.2 SATA,  which isn't my issue.  

My Question WAS that I'm seeing I have many open PCI Express ports/Lanes open. I found this out through different apps all saying this, but How do I connect to / or use them? Because I don't see any other open slots on my motherboard. Or is this another BIOS/UEFI power trip by HP?

HP Recommended

Also, I see where you went wrong, SEARCH HP NOTEBOOK 15-BS070WM, Or HP JAGUAR, not "HP 15-BS070WM"  their almost 100% the exact same product, but there is small differences between them. Including that I sent my HP to get warranty approved repairs, and the tech sent my system back with a different motherboard, and didn't know to use the secure screw for the m.2.  which was very shocking. But for odd reasons I can't seem to upload any of the pictures I took to help you out.

HP Recommended

So have you given up? Don't become another ghoster. Also this is the same motherboard as an "HP 450 G5" which also has a M.2 SATA SSD (B Key) upgrade option available. Yes the Exact same Motherboard, but I degress, PCIe open slots? HP Motherboard 832A how can I locate and hotplug/ hotkey or utilize them?  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.