Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
pavilion g6 - 2235us
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently bought a Bose Micro speaker. I easily attached it to my iPhone, but am having trouble attaching it to my g6 Pavilion. How do I ensure that the bluetooth is enabled on the computer?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the product specs for your notebook.

HP Pavilion g6-2235us Notebook PC Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

It does not come with built in Bluetooth networking hardware, which is why you can't connect your speaker to your PC via Bluetooth.

You can install a USB Bluetooth adapter, or replace the internal wireless card with this model which you should be able to find on eBay.  Search by the HP part number, not the model of the wifi card.

Broadcom BCM943228HMB 802.11abgn 2×2 Wi-Fi Adapter, Broadcom Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter   HP part # 730668-001.

This card will also give you dual band wifi.

730668-001 | eBay

Below is the link to the service manual, where you can find the wifi card removal and replacement procedure...

h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03593126.pdf

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.