Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Unknown
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Persistent "Not Responding" Error Messages on MS Word, Excel & Chrome Browser on an HP Win 10 Laptop

Friends,

I am persistently receiving "Not Responding" error messages when using MS Word and Excel as well as Chrome browser on my laptop (the Word  & Excel files reside on my hard drive). This issue is leading a major loss of time and productivity. Thank you for your help - I want to identify and resolve the root cause.

HP Laptop: Purchased in 2019 

Hard drive: 1 TB (50+ GB used)

RAM: 4 GB

Software - Chrome and MS Word and Excel: All up-to-date

Internet: Via my SP Consumer Cellular (connection is good, not great)

A/V: McAfee - Multiple scans run; no issues found

Any suggestions on how I might resolve whatever the root cause?

My default assumption (which may be right or wrong) is to simply add a bigger RAM Card (e.g. 20 GB).

Thank you for your help. Lawrence

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@lwilson747 

First of all, adding RAM is not going to make any difference -- so that would be wasting money.

Second, how old is the laptop and how long has this problem been happening?

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.