Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello!

Few days ago I bought this new HP Spectre x360 laptop. With my old laptop (HP Envy x360) I took screenchots with pressing 'windows' + 'prt scr' and those screenshots was automatically saved to Pictures-folder.
Now with Spectre I tried this same way, and it won't work. There is no settings for this action. I mean in the Settings there are nothing like "Where do you want to save print screen -pictures" or so.

And yes, all updates have been done to computer and keyboard.

I think I have read something about OneDrive and that the screenshots would automatically saves to OneDrive, but I have never used OneDrive and I deleted the whole program (and few other program...) on the first day when I bought this computer.

What can I do? Please help me!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Kaanmako 

I have one workstation on which everything works as expected and another smaller Probook on which the keys (on the keyboard) and odd and different - things can work differently or not at all.  At least the Probook retains the Prt Scn (not all new notebooks even have that.)

I can offer the following options for you to consider.

NOTE:

In particular, try the last one in Ease of Access.

This one works on both system and the onboard keyboard (built-in).

Also - Snip  works - this is a Windows thing and not predicated on having special keys on the keyboard.

Windows + Print Screen

• Windows key PrtScn saves to C:\Users\AccountName\Pictures\Screenshots\filename.png

If that does not work, try

• Windows key PrtScn + FN key saves to C:\Users\AccountName\Pictures\Screenshots\filename.png

What else?

Oddly (to me, at least, since I don't use Windows Print Screen anyway)

Windows key + PrtScn + FN + Alt saves current focus (window) to C:\Users\AccountName\Videos\Captures\filename+date-time.png

What else?

Screen darkens to allow "snip"

"Use the PrtScn button to open screen snipping"

Settings > Ease of Access > Keyboard

Scroll down to section “Print Screen Shortcut”

Switch ON Print Screen Shortcut

To Use:

Click PrtScn

OR PrtScn + FN

Note: External keyboards might respond differently.  For example, external keyboard will  not likely require the FN key even if that key is normally used with the onboard keyboard in the machine.

========================================================

What else?

Use Snip and be done with it...

Create a Snip of the information on the page > save the snipped image as a .jpg file

Optional: print that file.

Snip – available since Vista!  Check out the “delay” feature in Windows 10

Snipping Tool in Windows 10 / 8 / 7: Tips & Tricks to capture screenshots

From Microsoft

Use Snipping Tool to capture screenshots

Firefox provides a "snip" feature -- you must have a Firefox account to use it.

Firefox Screenshots

What else?

Print Screen / Prnt Screen

From Microsoft:

Keyboard shortcuts in Windows

In Section: Windows logo key keyboard shortcuts

Windows logo key  + Shift + S

Take a screenshot of part of  your screen. 

Enclose the area to be “snipped” (click upper left and lower right to enclose / grab the area)

The "grabbed" screen shot is not saved to your computer, it is added to the Clipboard.

Use normal Paste (Cntrl V) to paste the snipped item into your document.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Device Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Device - Solve Problems

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

Open Support Home

Enter the name of your HP device

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a volunteer community workforce dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You for the help.

If the answer helped resolve your issue, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Kaanmako 

I have one workstation on which everything works as expected and another smaller Probook on which the keys (on the keyboard) and odd and different - things can work differently or not at all.  At least the Probook retains the Prt Scn (not all new notebooks even have that.)

I can offer the following options for you to consider.

NOTE:

In particular, try the last one in Ease of Access.

This one works on both system and the onboard keyboard (built-in).

Also - Snip  works - this is a Windows thing and not predicated on having special keys on the keyboard.

Windows + Print Screen

• Windows key PrtScn saves to C:\Users\AccountName\Pictures\Screenshots\filename.png

If that does not work, try

• Windows key PrtScn + FN key saves to C:\Users\AccountName\Pictures\Screenshots\filename.png

What else?

Oddly (to me, at least, since I don't use Windows Print Screen anyway)

Windows key + PrtScn + FN + Alt saves current focus (window) to C:\Users\AccountName\Videos\Captures\filename+date-time.png

What else?

Screen darkens to allow "snip"

"Use the PrtScn button to open screen snipping"

Settings > Ease of Access > Keyboard

Scroll down to section “Print Screen Shortcut”

Switch ON Print Screen Shortcut

To Use:

Click PrtScn

OR PrtScn + FN

Note: External keyboards might respond differently.  For example, external keyboard will  not likely require the FN key even if that key is normally used with the onboard keyboard in the machine.

What else?

Use Snip and be done with it...

Create a Snip of the information on the page > save the snipped image as a .jpg file

Optional: print that file.

Snip – available since Vista!  Check out the “delay” feature in Windows 10

Snipping Tool in Windows 10 / 8 / 7: Tips & Tricks to capture screenshots

From Microsoft

Use Snipping Tool to capture screenshots

Firefox provides a "snip" feature -- you must have a Firefox account to use it.

Firefox Screenshots

What else?

Print Screen / Prnt Screen

From Microsoft:

Keyboard shortcuts in Windows

In Section: Windows logo key keyboard shortcuts

Windows logo key  + Shift + S

Take a screenshot of part of  your screen. 

Enclose the area to be “snipped” (click upper left and lower right to enclose / grab the area)

The "grabbed" screen shot is not saved to your computer, it is added to the Clipboard.

Use normal Paste (Cntrl V) to paste the snipped item into your document.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Device Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Device - Solve Problems

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

Open Support Home

Enter the name of your HP device

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for those advices! That win+fn+PrtScr did work, thank you!

Ease of access didn't work, there is only "Open screenshot pressing PrtScn" and funny, that wont work even if I enable it 😄 And there is nothing else related to print screen settings.

I have noticed that for some reason my computer settings looks different compared to others, even if they have exact same updates and version of Windows 10. Who knows why. For example I read about that adaptive screen brightness can be disabled from settings, but there is no settings for that in my computer, but luckily I could disable that using command prompt.

So, problem solved!

HP Recommended

@Kaanmako 

You are welcome.

I use Snip - I tagged it on my Taskbar, in fact.  I occasionally use other tools but I always go back to the "tried and true".  Smiling.

I am reading more and more about weird, strange, and oddly configured keyboards.  The desire to jam an entire notebook into a tiny case that weighs no more than a large phone is driving the industry mad with making choices about how people type.  Wild times.

Stay Safe.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.