Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
11-27-2022 03:29 AM
My OS is Mac OS Mojave Version 10.14.6
I tried several times to setup an HP Laser Jet M110we printer. I created successfully an account with HP, and downloaded HP Smart. The setup process started but stopped each time at a different stage of advance, ending with the message "Sorry, something went wrong, try later".
The same thing with a second printer HP Laser Jet M110we, so the hardware seems not to be the cause.
My Wi Fi connection is OK. The local tech support person was unable to setup the printer, either. He also tried using his own router - same result. He could not figure out what the problem actually is and said other clients have complained from the HP Smart software saying that even after a successful setup, their printer stopped functioning in a couple of days.
Honest, HP, I think your HP Smart is not smart at all... I will never buy an HP printer again
11-30-2022 04:43 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community
I understand you are facing an issue with your HP Printer. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.
To assist better:
- May I have the exact model name of the product? Refer to this document for steps to find the product details. Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.
- Do you get any error codes on HP Smart?
While you respond to that, Let's uninstall HP Smart and reinstall:
- Click Finder, and then click Applications. In the list of apps, click and drag the HP Smart app to the Trash at the end of the dock.
- Go ahead and Update the software on Mac
- Restart PC
- Once the PC is turned back and idle, download HP Smart
- Once installed, check if you are able to access the app.
Update the printer firmware
- Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your product
- Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
If the issue persists, then please follow the steps mentioned in this document: HP printers - 'We're sorry, something went wrong error
You may also check if your printer is AirPrint-enabled printer and if it is compatible then Add the printer using Apple AirPrint drivers:
- Click the Apple menu, click System Preferences, and then click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.
- Check if your printer name displays in the Printers list, If your printer is listed, click the printer name, click the minus sign to delete the printer.
- If you see multiple printer queues for the same printer, remove all extra printers by selecting them one at a time, and then clicking the minus button at the bottom of the list.
- Click the plus sign click Add Printer or Scanner, click the printer name.
- Click the Use or Print Using menu, select AirPrint in the pop-up menu. Then click Add.
- Try to print.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community