Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
08-03-2020 09:08 AM
Cannot print. Message; "Your printer has experienced an unexpected configuration problem". Error code 0x8007007e.
Help please in simple language. Tech knowledge almost zero.
08-05-2020 09:18 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the configuration error.
Download and install HP Print and Scan Doctor, it is a Windows tool to fix printer issues.
If the issue still persists, try re-installing the printer driver -
1. In the search box, type and open "Uninstall a Program".
2. Look for HP Printer software.
3. Right-click to uninstall.
4. In the search box, type and open “Devices and printers”.
5. In the Devices and Printers, look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose “Delete” or “Remove Device”.
6. Open the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.
7. Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”).
8. Click on the "Drivers" tab.
9. Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click “Remove” at the bottom.
10. Select Ok.
11. Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows.
12. Close Devices and Printers Once the software and drivers are removed.
13. Restart the computer.
14. Download and install the software and drivers from here for Windows 10 (64-bit).
15. Click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
08-07-2020 03:27 AM
Activity yesterday included various things, including uninstall/reinstall, but no solution. Identified printer would print anything/everything - except emails.
Eventually, after a period downloading windows updates think the problem might have been solved. This morning printer seems back to normal. Any further problems I will be back in touch, meantime thank you for your help.