Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion dv6567cl
Microsoft Windows Vista

After reset-to-factory settings Pavilion dv6567cl NoteBook 32-bit OS with Windows Vista Home Premium does not allow Windows Update.  Windows update says Error Code 80244019.  Also can not access any website, get this message every-time "there is a problem with this website security certificate", etc. Clock reset, and many other troubleshooting suggestions do not HELP. Can someone help to solve this awful problem?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@SSJunior 

<Sigh>  Every time I read one of these Factory-Reset-Failed posts I cringe and continue to wonder why everyone seems to think a factory reset is a miracle cure when, in many cases, it only serves to make things worse!

Ordinarily, I would suggest a reinstall using HP Recovery Media -- but you will not be able to do that because your media has not been available for years and years.

You have basically trashed your PC by forcing a reset you should not have done and now, it has become useless as there is no way to get Windows or HP media to restore it.;  You should have checked here before doing this because if you had a problem, we might have been able to help.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thanks for your kind answer.  After the factory reset this NoteBook works; meaning that it'll power up and install programs work, the problem is with Windows Update and accessing the internet. Whenever an attempt to access the internet a message pops up saying that there is problem with website certificate. Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

I own a second 2009 Pavilion Notebook that came with Windows Vista Home Premium. Shortly after purchasing this PC I prepared a Recovery Disc for this second notebook.  However, have not located the Recovery Disc for the Pavilion that was reset to factory settings. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.