SSJunior
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Problem after factory reset

HP Recommended
Pavilion dv6567cl
Microsoft Windows Vista

After reset-to-factory settings Pavilion dv6567cl NoteBook 32-bit OS with Windows Vista Home Premium does not allow Windows Update.  Windows update says Error Code 80244019.  Also can not access any website, get this message every-time "there is a problem with this website security certificate", etc. Clock reset, and many other troubleshooting suggestions do not HELP. Can someone help to solve this awful problem?

2 REPLIES 2
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
33,788 32,910 3,069 7,571
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@SSJunior 

<Sigh>  Every time I read one of these Factory-Reset-Failed posts I cringe and continue to wonder why everyone seems to think a factory reset is a miracle cure when, in many cases, it only serves to make things worse!

Ordinarily, I would suggest a reinstall using HP Recovery Media -- but you will not be able to do that because your media has not been available for years and years.

You have basically trashed your PC by forcing a reset you should not have done and now, it has become useless as there is no way to get Windows or HP media to restore it.;  You should have checked here before doing this because if you had a problem, we might have been able to help.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
SSJunior
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your kind answer.  After the factory reset this NoteBook works; meaning that it'll power up and install programs work, the problem is with Windows Update and accessing the internet. Whenever an attempt to access the internet a message pops up saying that there is problem with website certificate. Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

I own a second 2009 Pavilion Notebook that came with Windows Vista Home Premium. Shortly after purchasing this PC I prepared a Recovery Disc for this second notebook.  However, have not located the Recovery Disc for the Pavilion that was reset to factory settings. 

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation