Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
11-08-2020 03:25 AM
I have previously downloaded and used the HP Support Assistant. I took it off, as it didn't appear to be working correctly - with the intention of immediately reinstalling it. However, I am now being asked to login with Administrator privileges. I am the (only) Administrator/user of this laptop , and had no trouble previously installing the assistant.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
11-09-2020 11:10 AM - edited 11-09-2020 12:06 PM
Please follow the steps below as we released to see if this resolves your issue:
1. Right-Click on your Windows Stat Menu and click Apps & Features
2. Scroll down until you find HP Support Assistant
3. Click on Uninstall
4. A dialog will appear for "Keep Preferences", Click No
5. Close any browser window that may open up.
Note: If you don’t currently have HPSA installed and are seeing that message "A newer version of HPSA is installed" Please proceed with Step #6 below:
6. Go to our HPSA page: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html
7. Before you click on download HPSA button, press Ctrl+R button on your keyboard to clear any browser cache. Then click on the download button
8. Once downloaded, open the file and continue clicking Next button and let the installation finish. Once installed successfully, you should see a prompt "HP Support Assistant has been installed successfully"
9. Click on your start menu and type: HP Support Assistant or HPSA icon on Desktop and open the app and it should open normally as before.
Thank you for the patience as we worked through this issue and sincerely apologize to everyone's inconvenience.
11-09-2020 01:59 PM - edited 11-09-2020 02:00 PM
Hi @Kimsman65 - I could not see your screenshots for some reason but can you go to your Apps & Features and tell me what version of HP Support Assistant version you have installed? If it's not 9.6.839.0 then you do not have the latest updated one from the link I provided above.